Old October 3rd 03, 06:50 AM
HCN

Default military schools?

"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote in message
: I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like he has had so much
: emotional trauma that he can't cope.
:

Just dropping in (work avoidence). Some of the stuff seems familiar, and
yet very foreign.

I'm an Army brat... I graduated from the the 10th school I had attended. So
the change of schools was normal for me. But you have so much more going
on.

I recognize the telling of tall tales bit. My step-sister did that after
being dragged from a multi-generational house to ours (her single mother
lived in her much older brother's house with his grown kids). It was quite
a shock to go from being the darling cute little girl in a house... to a
"middle child". One of my son's friends would also tell tales while still
part of a normal two-parent family. He seemed to like the attention... and
it showed his imagination.

Sometimes I think kids who do this should write down their stories. They
have great imaginations.

Personally... since I got a step-mother and tale-telling step-sister just
six short months afte my mother's sudden death... I was a bit screwed up. I
managed to throw my step-mother to the ground and break my step-sister's
nose. I did not adjust well -- I was 11 years old.

But what did HELP me was my step-mother finding a very good
child-psychologist for me. I learned to understand my anger. I learned I
was a worthwhile person. But it took a while. Most of 6th grade was
wasted (homework, what is homework?). It was only until 7th grade that I
learned to buckle down and be a decent person (though during that year my
step-mother did accuse me of treating animals better than people). As of
now, I am the ONLY child out of 4 kids (including my step-sister) who is on
Marriage #1!

You may need time.. and you may need to shop around for a good CHILD
psychologist.

Many many years ago I knew a woman who married a guy who a daughter from a
previous marriage. His ex-wife was not good mother-material. Apparently
she would pick their child up for the weekend visitation, andthen leave her
at her parents house while she went partying. During the first couple years
of my friend's marriage she spent many hours taking this little girl to a
therapist to deal with abandonment.

I think you need to find a good child psych (obviously not the ones you have
been exposed too) --- that might be better than a military school (though I
do see lots of ads for them in Sunset Magazine).