Old July 18th 03, 07:17 AM
PF Riley

Default Good parenting

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:40:10 GMT, "Roger Schlafly"
wrote:

It seems like about once a week or so that my kids goto a birthday
party or some other event, and come home with a bag of candy.
The only time anyone asks my opinion is when my 3-year-old
comes to me with a Snickers bar or a Tootsie Roll and asks me
if it has peanuts in it. (She has an allergy.)

Ignoring all the other issues you raise, I'd like to know if you
really do send your three-year-old child with peanut allergy to events
where she is given food without your supervision and expect her to
maintain surveillance herself for peanuts, given that peanut allergy
is the leading cause of food allergy deaths in the U.S. and is usually
lifelong.

You have already unabashedly revealed your general lack of any sense
and your childishly self-destructive oppositional attitude (i.e.,
"Because I was told to do it, I won't.") when it comes to supine
sleeping for infants, bicycle helmets, firearm safety, and seatbelts,
yet you continue to amaze me. It seems that my opinion of you and your
mental abilities becomes lower and lower every time I read one of your
posts.

This scenario reminds me of the two-year-old child with extensive
second-degree burns on his hand whose mother told me that, as she
cooked with him watching while standing on a chair next to the stove,
she had told him not to touch the burners. I can only imagine
Schlafly's three-year-old daughter in the ER getting fluid boluses and
subcutaneous epinephrine as her blood pressure drops, with Roger
standing off to the side saying, "I TOLD her to read the label on the
cereal box!"

Ah, I guess this all fits with the theme of this thread. (Hint: the
"Subject" is full sarcasm.)

PF