Old April 2nd 04, 08:49 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Default Milk going sour too quickly

Ellie writes:

I've noticed that suddenly my EBM is going sour really quickly anybody
know why this is? The temp of the fridge is ok. The only thing I can
think of is that I'm not very well at the moment. I'm waiting to see a
cardiologist because of a very irregular heartbeat, that is making me
feel really crappy and tired all the time. I can understand this
affecting my supply levels, which it seems to have, but would it affect
the quality of m milk as well?

I don't know - seems unlikely to me. I don't have any really plausible
explanation but I just wonder, what are you storing the milk in and how are
you cleaning it in between uses? It strikes me as just possible that maybe
some bacteria are surviving from one use to the next, in which case that
might be the explanation. Maybe try sterilising the container, assuming
you're not doing that routinely, and see if that makes a difference?

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003