Old October 2nd 03, 06:31 PM
Barbara Bomberger

Default military schools?

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:14:16 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:

"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote in message
Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

:
:
: gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
: SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

That, precisely. Do you have any idea where we might start our search?
--
ColoradoSkiBum

Um, with you and your spouse. The values you mentioned are instilled by
parents IMO.

While I am not pro military school per se, I do believe that the
steriotypical idea of "military school" as where "boys who are in
trouble get sent to" is kind of an urban myth if you well. Certainly
re-inforced by shows like Malcom in the middle (kinds uncontrollable
so mom sends to military school)

I do think its not for everyone, and it should be a choice that the
child participates in, not that is foisted on him or her. Althouhg I
would never send my kid to one, I expect he would do well (but this
mind you is a kid who thinks of the citadel or VMI)

Military boarding schools are VERY expensive

Barb