Old January 31st 08, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default Bad latch,small mouth, cracked nipples

Jeni, what did you use to give the supplement? It's possible at this
stage that giving this by bottle will make any problems harder to get over.

One tip I picked up at LLL last week is to show and vocalise what the
baby needs to do to latch, open your mouth wide and make ahhhh noises, a
couple of mums reported great success with this as the baby mimicked
them. Other than that the kind of help you are needing with positioning
and getting a good latch is really best done face to face, I hope you
can get the help you need at the drop in (btw, if it's Rachel or Judy
can you say hi from me!).

Cheers
Anne