Old August 6th 06, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

Sometimes, breastfeeding isn't best of course. I hate the media they
have to jump the bandwagon for profit.
And what ever ignorant people that want to give you a difficult time
for your dissision will probably give you a hard time about other ones
as welll, it doesn't stop. Some peeps always think they are right.

Catherine Woodgold wrote:
) writes:
I couldn't breastfeed. I tried pretty hard and I couldn't do it.

I do agree though, there is ridiculous pressure on both sides. I got a
lot of **** for quitting breast feeding after trying for 5 weeks.

I'm sorry about your problems breastfeeding, and I'm sorry
about the pressure you endured. I would have found that
extremely hard to take, especially with the lack of sleep
and hormones and whatnot going on with a new baby. I would
have felt guilty about not breastfeeding (even if was illogical
to feel that way) and any pressure would have made me feel
a lot worse. I hope you got through it better than I would have.