Old September 9th 04, 04:13 AM
Istara

lm wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:40:24 -0400, Istara
wrote:

I have a job interview in the morning,

SNIP
Keep your fingers crossed for me?

Lots of writing in that field though. I used to be an editor for
USDOJ. Search their pubs ( www.ncjrs.org ), especially OJJDP, NIJ,
NLECTC, and VAWO, (the government is a haven for lost acronyms) and
when you find a report or something that fits your experience, look at
all the citations. Most of the research they publish is carried out by
universities, probably one near you. And believe me, they need writers
and editors :-)

lm

Thanks for the link - I just did a quick cruise through the website, and
it looks like a treasure trove. I love new reading material. Too late
tonight to really sample through it, but I should have some time this
weekend.

Interview went well this morning. The lady is doing her last interview
Friday morning, then will be choosing three candidates to call back for
interviewing with her boss on Monday. With a little luck, I'm hoping to
be one of those three.

It's late - I'm gonna crawl off to bed, now. Parent-teacher conferences
at school tomorrow. Jake's been doing his homework, but has been losing
bits of it, or something. Teacher says he's missing recess time for
having to re-do stuff he supposedly did the night before and couldn't
find when it came time to turn in the work. I *know* he's been doing
every assignment on his nightly sheet, because I check it all as he gets
it finished, then make sure he gets everything put up once he's done.
So, he's either not writing down everything he's supposed to be doing,
or he's losing papers between home and school. Or something. Not sure
WHAT's going on. (sigh) Fourth grade is so much fun...

G'night!

~ Dor