Old May 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to misc.kids

Default toddler likes intense flavors, smells

enigma wrote:

he could be a sensory seeker,

Oh, that's an awesome term! It describes him perfectly.

but that's not a bad thing
unless it really is to excess (which it doesn't sound like it
is).
among Boo's collection of sensory seeking things are strong
flavors (he *loves* green Tobasco sauce like many kids love
catsup), textures, & smells (he adores those stinky candle
shops). he also likes fast rides, like roller coasters & giant
slides.

We haven't done anything like that yet, but he does love slides and
climbing on dangerous things.

i just see it as someone who likes experiencing all the cool
sensory things around him... although i could do without the
candle shops. artificial smells really bother me.
BTW, i don't see ranch dip as being a particularly strong
flavor, but, yeah, Boo would eat that & sour cream by the
bucket.
lee

This ranch dressing is extremely garlicy and pungent - I love spicy
stuff and this dip is on the edge of what I would eat.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

-L.