Old October 28th 08, 11:17 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Default facial piercings on young teens

MarieD wrote:
Am I an old fogie at age 31? I keep having this shocked feeling when I
find out 13 and 14 year olds that I know are having their lips, tongues,
navels and/or noses pierced. Is this just normal now-a-days and I am
behind the times, or what?

I haven't noticed it being common here (and heck, I'm down in Sin City
while you're up there with the snake handlers.) I'm not counting
multiple ear piercings - that doesn't seem unusual among teenagers. I'm
also not counting a nose piercing in a girl from a culture where that's
common (Indian, say). I don't know that I've seen it in a 13-year-old,
but if I saw a girl who obviously was of Indian/Pakistani heritage, I'm
sure I wouldn't think twice about it if she had a nose piercing.

This is not a case of my being a prude or uptight about the idea; I've
had tattoos and some piercings, but I was an adult, not a 13 year old.
To me there is quite a large difference in an adult and a 13/14 year old
having something like that done.

Besides, if you let them get facial piercings when they're 13, what are
you going to fight about?

Clisby