Old November 11th 03, 12:38 AM
badgirl

Default OT co-sleeping and SIDS

"JoAnna" wrote in message
i guess the intention is that it may save a few lives and be worth it for
that. here we can't leave the hospital without a carseat - you can make

the
same arguments about faulty installations or not using those too

Yep, and there's a "do not drink" warning label on bleach too. Where does it
stop though? It is MY responsibility as a parent to make sure my baby's car
seat is installed correctly, it is MY responsibility to make sure that I
know CPR or use a baby monitor, my question is with all these laws they want
to impose when do I get to just be a responsible parent? It's tragic that
there are so many people out there that need a law to tell them how to raise
their child so they don't get them home and *let them die* which is what
imposing these laws would imply IMO. What's next? a law to dictate that if a
breast fed baby doesn't gain X many ounces within the first week they have
to be fed formula because they've failed to thrive?
Jen