Old December 1st 05, 12:17 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Excuse me????????????

"Chris" wrote in message

"Beverly" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:23:32 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
wrote:

"Beverly" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:15:43 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote
"Beverly" wrote

Were particular weekends specified in your visitation?

By date? No, aside from his b'day and father's day - it
was
wide
open,
anytime he wanted to see them.
====
Didn't you take him to court to require him to stick with
the
visitation
times or give you advanced notice
of time changes?

Only after he had repeatedly cancelled at the last minute any
number
of
weekends - like a year's worth of last minute cancellations?
And even then, the only specifications were every other

weekend,
and
other
times as requested -

Do you believe that a child should spend an equal amount of
time
with
both
parents? If not, why not?

There is no blanket answer to that one - in the case of one
parent
who
simply refuses to take part in the children's lives, for example,
then
equal
time simply isn't available. In the case of one parent who is
abusive,
for
example, equal time isn't reasonable or safe.

In that case, NO time is reasonable or safe, no?

Which case? More than one was mentioned.

In the case of the one immediately before my question; "In the case of

one
parent who is abusive, for example, equal time isn't reasonable or

safe.".

Wouldn't that depend on the type of abuse (child vs. spousal)?

I dunno - when it comes to children, just what sort of, or how much,

abuse
is acceptable?

Absolutely no type of abuse is ever acceptable, but I was agreeing
with you and responding to Chris's comment "In that case, NO time is
reasonable or safe, no?"

It simply isn't as black and white as Chris's comment.

Either time is reasonable/safe or it is NOT reasonable/safe. What's not
black and white about that?

Neither one works in ALL cases - that's what's so gray about it.

Some people
who have been abusive seek treatment when their behavior causes them
to lose the most precious thing in their life, like a family.

Alcoholics, for instance, can be abusive; however, once clean and
sober through treatment, can be very safe to allow children to be
with. A pedophile, on the other hand, cannot be treated in a way that
makes them safe with children.

"Safe" being a matter of opinion.

Would you let a pedophile babysit your child?