Old December 1st 03, 11:03 PM
LaVonne Carlson

Default Kids should work.

Ignoramus15011 wrote:

How would he a better person if I was beating him (the animal society
way) instead of teaching him interaction according to modern
principles of human society.

Exactly. How would he be a better person if your were hitting him in the name of
discipline? I can't think of one reason, and research has yet to find a reason
for disciplinary hitting of children.

I just do not understand why an intelligent parent should be a
childbeater.

I do not understand why any parent "should be a "childbeater." And I'm not sure
this parenting behavior has all that much to do with intelligence. I've met
professors who hit their children, and individuals who have not completed high
school who do not hit their children . I suspect there are many variables that
lead a parent to this behavior -- how the parents were parented and the level or
respect parents have for their children.

Thanks for posting to alt.parenting.spanking.

LaVonne