Old October 10th 07, 06:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jodi B

Default Multi-Vitamin at 2 Months?

Hi All,

DS is now doing well with BF, gaining weight and putting on chub!

At his 2-week check up, the ped mentioned that if he was still exclusively
breasfed at his two month check up then they would want to put him on a multi-vitamin
because "breastmilk doesn't have vitamin D." I've never heard of babies
going on a multi-vitamin at 2 months old...is this new? If my baby needs
vitamin D, why doesn't my breastmilk have it? The only thing I can think
of is that I live in the Pacific Northwest (US), and we don't get a lot of
sun this time of year, so less vitamin D that way?

Thanks for any info!
Jodi (off to google some stuff!)