Old October 10th 07, 11:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Stormlady

Default Multi-Vitamin at 2 Months?

I don't know about a multi-vitamin, but here they are recommended to take
D-Vi-Sol from birth. That's just a liquid form of vitamin D. I think it's
health Canada's official stance on the issue, but not sure, I know all
nurses and Dr's who saw the Munchkin as a baby mentioned and recommended it
to me.

"Jodi B" wrote in message
t.net...

Hi All,

DS is now doing well with BF, gaining weight and putting on chub!

At his 2-week check up, the ped mentioned that if he was still exclusively
breasfed at his two month check up then they would want to put him on a
multi-vitamin because "breastmilk doesn't have vitamin D." I've never
heard of babies going on a multi-vitamin at 2 months old...is this new?
If my baby needs vitamin D, why doesn't my breastmilk have it? The only
thing I can think of is that I live in the Pacific Northwest (US), and we
don't get a lot of sun this time of year, so less vitamin D that way?

Thanks for any info!
Jodi (off to google some stuff!)