Old July 20th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dragon's Girl

Default Child Welfare Agencies in denial as children pay price of panic by Richard Wexler

On Jul 19, 9:20 am, "0:-]" wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:07:08 -0700, fx wrote:
Agencies in denial as children pay price of panic
Originally posted on July 19, 2007

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....070719/OPINION...

What odd claims, Mr. Wexler, journalist, and not a social services
trained investigator has made here.

I'd have sworn that this district in Florida was the one where
counties no longer used DCF investigators, but the Sheriff's
department investigators.

And this is no recent phenomena. Removal rates, under LE investigation
went UP from almost the first month of inception.

I have a tendency to take Wexler with a grain of salt, or a shaker, as
this is the kind of hyperbole that makes him the darling of the
anti-cps set.

Some of his suggestions, thrown out with such careless abandon, ignore
that funding is inadequate. When he speaks to the real issues...drugs,
crime, mental illness, poverty, with the suggestion that society
properly fund programs he suggests (and we all know are needed) then
I'll put the salt shaker away.

0:]

Where does that guy live?
There was a 'voices' article written by him in my local paper last
weekend I think it was.
I thought the 'voices' section of our paper was for locals only.