Old May 26th 04, 12:04 AM
Joybelle

Default Sick of the horror stories!

"Kim E." wrote in message
a.net...
In article , joybelle15
@hotmail.com says...
I have had two homebirths, and I got to hear my share of horror stories
while pregnant. I guess they didn't bother me too much because some

people
just simply cared about me and were sharing their fears and concerns.

As
for the others who just found glee in sharing the negativity I'd either

give
them a couple of negative stories of my own that I'd read or heard

(which
seemed to leave them at a loss of words as to why I was still planning a
homebirth) or I'd just say something like, "That's nice, but that's only

one
story amidst many, many positive ones. " And I'd go on to share the
positive ones. I was quite comfortable with my decision and their

stories
didn't apply to me.

You have an excellent attitude, are you always so imperturbable!?!

I wish!

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99