Old March 20th 04, 08:49 PM
Plissken

Default Flu/colds

"Laura and Bella" wrote in message
. ..
| Thanks, I was thinking about googling it, my brain went dead while I was
| writing about it. I myself have asked it probably about 300 times.
| I Guess I was wondering really if I could take say advil cold and sinus
| stuff and the tyelnol stuff as well.

I wanted to take my DH's Advil Cold & Sinus last night as I could hardly
sleep because of this stupid cold (2nd in 1.5 months, ugh). I had a look on
Hale's website and it stated the following about pseudoephedrine (medicinal
ingredient in Advil C&S)...

http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/discu...es/43/689.html
"As for decongestants, the only one left on the market is pseudoephedrine.
My group is just now publishing preliminary work suggesting that
pseudoephedrine may significantly reduce milk production in some moms (late
gestational). So I recommend caution with pseudoephedrine containing
anti-allergy, cold products. Brief use such as for a day or so, may not be
too bad in some moms, but in late gestational moms ( 6 months) then milk
production might fall."

Being that my daughter (10.5 months) has the same cold and is now refusing
solids because she has the cold and is only breastfeeding I didn't take it
as I don't want to take the chance of my milk production falling.

HTH
Nadene