Old October 9th 03, 05:52 PM
Ray Drouillard

Default U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:54:34 -0500, "Michael S. Morris"
wrote:

Thursday, the 9th of October, 2003

Ray Drouillard wrote:
Committee on the Rights of the Child issues decision in Geneva
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35000
[...]
The U.N. body says Canada should "explicitly
prohibit all forms of violence against children,
however light, within the family, in schools and
in other institutions where children might be placed."
[...]
Paul:
For more context,
http://www.unog.ch/news2/documents/newsen/crc0338e.htm and
the report by the Canadian delegation
http://www.unog.ch/news2/documents/newsen/crc0329erev1.htm

I'm not sure that any context could make this kind of
action against the corporal punishment of children in the home
other than outrageously objectionable.

You are outraged that you cannot bully, humiliate, injure, torture,
your children at your whim?

Fancy that.

It seems to me a prime
example of legislation by people who appoint themselves as
scientific experts on stuff that science cannot possibly
address,

On the contrary. Science does address this issue. Brain scan studies
show that distractions inhibit and distract from learning tasks, and
if you aren't spanking to teach what ARE you doing it for?

and then bolster social engineering programs with
"studies" that do not show what they purport to show.

"Social engineering" is what YOU do when you proport to teach children
using physical and psychological pain.

Your opponents at least aren't taking you literally out behind the
woodshed.

Whose the more honorable party, those that want parents to learn how
to teach their children without the deliberate use of pain and
humiliation or those, such as you, that want to continue to lie to
each other about what you are doing.

In
my opinion, the decline of the widespread acceptance of spanking
in the US is directly correlated with the widespread bad behaviour
of children in the US, not to mention a whole lot nastier set of
adults.

Actually you are completely wrong. In the US, for instance, some of
those "unscientific" studies show that 90% or more of citizens report
they have been spanked. Children are being spanked at at least the
same, or possibly greater rates than in the past and more abuse is an
outgrowth of spanking that didn't work (as it mostly doesn't) so was
escalated to injury.

The nastiness you are experiencing in people comes precisely from
being humiliated and tortured by parents who believe your nonsense.

Non spanked children are consistently better behaved and far less
likely to be involved in criminal activity. And I don't mean that a
child who is spanked then when not spanked for a few weeks shows signs
of improvement. I mean a consistently gently parented child.

It looks to me like US conservatives were exactly
right to oppose this Convention.

What makes you think the idea of not spanking children is exclusive to
liberals? I'm a conservative and I consider those that spank either
stupid, ignorant, or vicious, not to mention socially maladjusted
because of the spankings they got as a child. I know plenty of other
conservatives that agee with me, and rather a lot of liberals who do
NOT extend their politics to their child rearing practices. They
spank.

Mike Morris
)

Have a good one, Mike.

Kane

I have seen the social engineer types massage their data. Statistics
are easy to wield in a deceptive manner, and most people don't have the
skill to figure out how they are being deceived.

Kids who are raised without proper discipline end up being rotten
adults. One must only look around to see examples.

Of course, the real answer can be found in the "user's manual" that our
maker gave to us:

Pro 13:24 One who spares the rod hates his son, But one who loves him is
careful to discipline him.

Pro 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child: The rod of
discipline drives it far from him.

Pro 23:13 Don't withhold correction from a child. If you punish him with
the rod, he will not die.
Pro 23:14 Punish him with the rod, And save his soul from Sheol.

Pro 29:15 The rod of correction gives wisdom, But a child left to
himself causes shame to his mother.

Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he
will not depart from it.

Ray