Old October 10th 03, 04:08 AM
Kane

Default U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:53:15 -0400, "Ray Drouillard"
wrote:

It looks like one of those crusaders who google for certain key words
and start stirring up the mud.

No, actually I've been a serial lurker to this ng for some time now.
And I do think it unwise of you to equate your comments and opinions
about spanking with "mud," don't you.

I wonder if Kane has a standard rant
that is saved to his or her hard drive.

No, it's spontaneous, though I do have some sources and citations with
quotes archived. It's a pain to have to wade through the piles of
dross of the spanking enthusiasts to once again rub their noses in
their nonsense.

I wonder what made YOU think of that particular tactic though? I never
have.

Hmmmmm....?

I note that after the first exchange, when you can no longer answer
with your denial of the pain and humiliation of the child you move
right to trying to kill the messenger.

Coward.

Everybody loves.....

Ray

mond.

Me too. I'd love you even more if you'd stop defending the pounding of
children and pretending it is a loving spanking.

I hope you reform. May I point you to:

http://parentinginjesusfootsteps.org

"Treat children as you would have them
treat you when they're grown."

For they very well might.

The New Testament freed you. Why not accept it?

Kane

"MaG Douglas" wrote in message
Trip Trap, Trip Trap went the middle goat's hooves on the bridge.
"Who's that crossing my bridge?" asked the _ _ _ _ _.

Ho hum... another bit of crossposted tripe.

MaG

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:54:34 -0500, "Michael S. Morris"
wrote:

Thursday, the 9th of October, 2003

Ray Drouillard wrote:
Committee on the Rights of the Child issues decision in

Geneva

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35000
[...]
The U.N. body says Canada should "explicitly
prohibit all forms of violence against children,
however light, within the family, in schools and
in other institutions where children might be placed."
[...]
Paul:
For more context,
http://www.unog.ch/news2/documents/newsen/crc0338e.htm and
the report by the Canadian delegation
http://www.unog.ch/news2/documents/newsen/crc0329erev1.htm

I'm not sure that any context could make this kind of
action against the corporal punishment of children in the home
other than outrageously objectionable.

You are outraged that you cannot bully, humiliate, injure,

torture,
your children at your whim?

Fancy that.

It seems to me a prime
example of legislation by people who appoint themselves as
scientific experts on stuff that science cannot possibly
address,

On the contrary. Science does address this issue. Brain scan

studies
show that distractions inhibit and distract from learning tasks,

and
if you aren't spanking to teach what ARE you doing it for?

and then bolster social engineering programs with
"studies" that do not show what they purport to show.

"Social engineering" is what YOU do when you proport to teach

children
using physical and psychological pain.

Your opponents at least aren't taking you literally out behind

the
woodshed.

Whose the more honorable party, those that want parents to learn

how
to teach their children without the deliberate use of pain and
humiliation or those, such as you, that want to continue to lie

each other about what you are doing.

In
my opinion, the decline of the widespread acceptance of spanking
in the US is directly correlated with the widespread bad

behaviour
of children in the US, not to mention a whole lot nastier set of
adults.

Actually you are completely wrong. In the US, for instance, some

of
those "unscientific" studies show that 90% or more of citizens

report
they have been spanked. Children are being spanked at at least

the
same, or possibly greater rates than in the past and more abuse

is
an
outgrowth of spanking that didn't work (as it mostly doesn't) so

was
escalated to injury.

The nastiness you are experiencing in people comes precisely from
being humiliated and tortured by parents who believe your

nonsense.

Non spanked children are consistently better behaved and far less
likely to be involved in criminal activity. And I don't mean that

child who is spanked then when not spanked for a few weeks shows

signs
of improvement. I mean a consistently gently parented child.

It looks to me like US conservatives were exactly
right to oppose this Convention.

What makes you think the idea of not spanking children is

exclusive
liberals? I'm a conservative and I consider those that spank

either
stupid, ignorant, or vicious, not to mention socially maladjusted
because of the spankings they got as a child. I know plenty of

other
conservatives that agee with me, and rather a lot of liberals who

do
NOT extend their politics to their child rearing practices. They
spank.

Mike Morris
)

Have a good one, Mike.