Old June 24th 05, 06:59 PM
Ericka Kammerer

liverpoollegend wrote:

My wife and I have been trying desparetly to get preg for 3 years. We
finally got some good news this month. She was 10 days late and a home
preg. test came back positive. We went to the Dr.'s to confirm and sure
enough it was positive. Her HCG level was in the 500's, but her
progesterone level was low. She started taking injections of
progesterone two days ago (Dr.'s orders) and the Dr. wants to retest
her levels today. Is this normal?

Yes.

Is the HCG level low? So confusing!

You can't really tell much of anything with just one
hcg level. What you're looking for is rising hcg levels, so
you need multiple data points. That's what the doctor is
looking for. You'll know a lot more once you've got the
next set of test results. If they're going up significantly,
that's good news. If they're dropping, that's not good
news.

Best wishes,
Ericka