Old August 16th 06, 02:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

Default Poor baby

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

Hi Anne

your health visitor needs to acquire a brain, 1 in 2000 babies are born

with
teeth, many many babies start showing signs of teething around 3 months,

so
if it is teething Jessie is a little early, but not excessively so.

That's kind of what I figure - Had she arrived "on time", she would be 9
weeks already, which is even closer to 3 months.

poor little love, chances are is it's some kind of infection (though

nappies
would usually be off, but then they often are with teething too), just

keep
feeding her and loving her and chances are she'll ride it out fine. If her
nose gets bunged up she may find it difficult to breath and feed at the

same
time, saline nasal drops can help, not sure if you can just go into the
chemist and buy them, I'm sure you must, though I've always got them on
prescription.

Thanks for that - I have heard of the saline drops, but had forgotten about
them, so I will get some when DH gets home. I'm trying to resist ringing the
doctor, as there's nothing really I can put my finger on, apart from the
temperature, which after Calpol is about 38c. She's asleep at the moment
(finally) but had another big cry just before, but not as bad as the
Saturday night cry where she stopped herself breathing ( Ugh. That's the
bad bit about being a new mum - you want to make them better, and don't know
when it's too early to call a doc. When is it paranoia, and when is it time
to phone the doc?

Thanks again

Lucy x