Old December 6th 07, 10:13 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

Nan wrote in
:

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:07:18 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

not to mention that after a time unemployed people 'fall
off' the unemployment rolls. if you have been out of work
for long enough to run out of employment compensation (i
think it's 16 or 18 months, but it's been a while since i
got employment compensation), or if you have just given up
on finding a job because there aren't any you are qualified
for in your area, then you 'fall off' the unemployment roll
and are no longer counted in the % unemployed.
also, if you work for *one hour* during a quarter, you are
not counted as unemployed... so you can take those
wonderfully low unemployment figures with a huge grain of
salt.
technically i'm unemployed because i don't work and am
able
to (although one field i'm eligable to work in is retail &
i'm highly chemical sensitive to formaldyhide and the ink
on US currency, so i can't work in a mall or handle cash.
there's not much call for sys admins that don't do Winbloze
around here either), but i'm certainly not counted in that
4.7%, as i'm not particularly seeking employment & i don't
qualify for compensation anymore.

Neither am I counted. I'm not sure what the unemployment
rate for our particular county is, but I know it's not an
accurate accounting. Besides, Beliavsky is pointing out
only one factor that makes up an economy.... rising prices
on everything affect the economy as well.

and the sub-prime mortgage fiasco hasn't bubbled yet either.
things are going to get worse.
lee