Old December 7th 07, 01:06 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

In article
,
Beliavsky wrote:

Just as we have no way of knowing that YOUR judgmentalism and
devotion to the cult of *intelligence* won't irreparably harm YOUR
kids.

That's a cheap shot. The intelligence researchers I have cited do not
lead a "cult", and what I have said on the subject is representative
of "Mainstream Science on Intelligence"
http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson...mainstream.pdf .

Actually, your views on giftedness are not quite mainstream. For example,
grade skipping is not The Solution for all gifted children (which is what you
have asserted here previously). It is a good solution (and a cost-effective
one) for many gifted children, but it is not the only way gifted children can
or should be catered for. My impression of your understanding of giftedness
is that it is sound, but not broad.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/