Old September 23rd 05, 12:44 PM
Rosalie B.

"hillary r.g. israeli" wrote:

My server keeps giving an error when I try to post this so I am trying to
submit via email. Thanks.

I don't know the area, but how about having a bus lane instead of a
pullout? (That is instead of a cutout in the curb, make the cutout
long enough to hold all the buses involved.)

At our school, for drop off. the buses pull up to the curb (all along
the front of the school inside the parking lot), and the children get
off and walk across the sidewalk into the school.

For pick up, the buses park diagonally in front of the school with the
handicapped buses next to the curb. Parents cars are not allowed into
the lot at all. The buses all load, and when everyone is on, then all
the buses pull out at once and then parents can come in and also
walkers (if any) can leave.

--begin article---
Newsgroups: misc.kids.moderated
Subject: Inconsiderate drivers and kids who walk to school