Old October 23rd 08, 05:23 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default Traveling with kids...

"Babie" wrote in message
Some of you may know how much I love to travel. But so far we've only
taken our daughter on domestic trips.

How old were your kids when you felt comfortable taking them
internationally?

I take a lot of cruises (5th 6th and 7th this year in December. 17
overall) but I've not felt ready to take her with me. Jarrod travels with
me some of the time, but usually I travel alone or with friends. I realize
cruises are a far cry from true international travel but I've not been
ready to take her yet.

Nickelodeon did a Summer cruise this year and have 2 planned for next
Summer. I personally prefer to not travel the Caribbean during hurricane
season (because of heat, not fear of hurricanes), but one of the sailings
is to the Mexican Riviera. So we're thinking about taking her on that one
next year. She'll have just turned 6 then and with it being aimed at
children, I think I'd feel safe enough taking her.

My DD went on her first cruise at 13 mo and DS went on his first one at 2
yo. We go about every one or two years. They absolutely love cruises and
so do I. The Mexican Riviera ones are fun because of the number of kids on
board. I guess that's a drawback for some; but for families, it's what we
look for. She'll love the children's programs. In fact, my kids never ever
want to be with us. They want to go to the program and stay there. They
never want to leave and they get upset when the cruise is over. If your DD
goes, there will most likely be a talent show night where she can showcase
her talent. Some kids are serious about it and play piano or sing, but
others do lightsaber battles or hula hoops. DS prepared his song before we
left for the Mexico cruise this past summer (he just turned 7 yo). I highly
recommend cruises for children. Have lots of fun!