Old October 22nd 03, 02:18 PM
Sue

Default Large babies?

I'm really not sure how much truth there is to it. My husband's side of the
family were big babies. His sister was around 11 lbs, but I can't remember
what the others were. I personally had three babies that weighed, DD1 7
lbs, DD2 was 7 lb 16 oz. and DD3 was 9 lbs. Just because it is a big baby
doesn't mean that you will have trouble delivering it unless your pelvis is
really small to accommodate the head.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Jill wrote in message
news
Is it possible for large babies (ie, 9-11 lbs at birth) to run in a

family?
My husband's side of the family keeps telling me (proudly!) that large
babies run in their family. My sister in law had 2 c-sections- I am not

sure
how much her DD weighed but her DS was taken early, she said the doctors
told her he would have been almost 12 pounds- I think he was 11 early. But
supposedly, all the women on my husband's side have 10 pounders, according
to what everyone says. My husband's mother had 2 large babies and one was
premature so he was small...his cousins and aunts and uncles had a lot of
large babies too.

I am just wondering if there is something to this or it's coincidence.

Most
of the babies that I know about on my side have been more in the 7-8 lb
range, but I have never gone around asking cousins, aunts, etc ..but boy

my
husband's family is proud of their "big babies". lol. I am not going to
predict my baby based on the others. But the thought of a 12 pound newborn
is frightening to me sort of.