Old September 30th 03, 11:23 PM
Charlotte M.

Default do people not like holding their babies?

piggy backing

In ,
Anonymommmy wrote:

*What DH and I think is strange is "very old" children, like maybe 5
*years old or older, in strollers. It seems as if maybe people don't
*want to have to deal with the 5-year-old's free will so they confine
*the child in the stroller for the parent's convenience. Does this
*seem weird to anyone else? What do people who have (or have had) a
*preschooler/school age child think about this?

I think you'd have to have one heck of a compliant child to convince a
five-year old not to unbuckle a stroller if they didn't wish to be in it.

I used a stroller with Brigitte until she was five. Sometimes I wanted to go
on walks that I knew were too long for her. Sometimes I just wanted to get
somewhere close at a quicker pace... particularly if I was carrying
groceries.

Now that Brigitte is clearly too big for a stroller, we drive a lot more.
While I live quite close to a grocery store, lugging four litres of milk in
a plastic shopping bag is not worth the stress.

People use strollers for all varieties of reasons. Frankly, a five-year old
in a stroller is not a major issue as far as I'm concerned. What bugs me
more are the people who ignore their five-year olds in the store or on
walks, leaving the kid trailing behind, unable to keep up.

Charlotte