Old October 21st 03, 11:07 AM
Dan Sullivan

Default Ray attempts Biblical justification: was U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message

"Kane" wrote in message
om...
"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message
"Kane" wrote in message
om...

[]
It's so apparent in that "spanking is not abuse" claim that I can't
respond any other way but to chuckle. chuckle

Well, Kane, you've convinced me. I have never spanked my children in

the
past, but you have done such a horrible job of arguing against it,

that
have decided to try it.

Jayne

Your facitiousness aside; what would be a more convincing argument
than I've made so far?

I wasn't being facetious. This thread really has convinced me to try
spanking.

I had nearly 40 years study, 31 of those
professionally
involved with mentally ill youth, incarcertated men, ordinary
families, a huge
number of homeschooling families.

Your content is lost in your style. You write in an abusive and bullying
style about how spanking is abusive bullying. You lose all moral

authority.

Since you aren't a spanker then you might be willing to help me by
pointing out how I might improve my argument.

Possibly you could convince me that spanking is better. Could you
share with
me your reasons for believing that?

I do not have a good method of discipline for children before the age of
reason. This is probably the greatest weakness in my parenting skills and
makes the toddler years extremely stressful for our whole family. Our
toddler is a danger to himself and others, not to mention property,

because
I have no way to control him. I am so stressed by trying to watch him

every
instant that I can not enjoy being around my family. I am burnt out and
shortchanging everyone. I desperately need a way to put some limits on

this
child.

"Making Children Mind... Without Losing Yours," by Dr. Kevin Leman.

An excellent book.

Just what you need.

And if you really didn't spank your children why not? And what did or
could I
say to a non-spanking parent that would convince them to spank?

I have struggled with the fault of being short-tempered ever since I can
remember. I have been afraid that I would lose control of myself if I

used
corporal punishment and might really hurt my children. But Mike impressed
me with his point that leaving it as a last resort is what is likely to

lead
to losing control. Everything he said made sense, while your points were
lost in nastiness and insults.

Spanking IS a last resort.

Two or three swats with an open hand on the child's behind NOT while you're
angry.

Best, Dan