Old April 8th 05, 06:29 PM
Kevin Karplus

On 2005-04-08, Scott wrote:

What's the age record for not being able to tie shoelaces?
I'm just wondering if DS is going to set it

It's really interesting to watch -- DD had a friend who
*had* to be able to tie her shoes, and she accomplished
it at age 2. DS could not care less about this skill.
So his shoes are all slip-ons, except for his new soccer
shoes (size 5-1/2 already at age 9!)

With the prevalence of elastic and velcro shoes these days, a lot of
nine-year olds have not yet bothered to learn to tie shoelaces.

Maybe this is a good lesson for a rainy afternoon -- I'll
sit him down and we'll learn to tie knots!

Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.