Old August 10th 06, 10:00 PM posted to misc.kids
L.

Default Prime example of why I hate other parents...

Donna Metler wrote:
I don't know if the waiter had lost a bet or what, but one night we were at
Dixie Cafe (a definite family-style restaurant) and every single table in
one section had a child below the age of 3, many of them with older
preschoolers as well-and this was a section which was sort of separated from
the main seating area. Actually, it sort of reminded me of
smoking/non-smoking, except that it was more like "crying/non-crying". And
it was great! No glares about toddlers being toddlers, sure there was some
fussiness at various times, but every family knew that they could be next,
so no problems there, breastfeeding perfectly fine, and lots of toddlers
entertaining each other between tables.

Meanwhile, in the other section, the other diners were pretty well separated
from baby/toddler land, so presumably they could enjoy their meal, too.

Really, more restaurants should do this - have a family section.

-L.