Old August 29th 03, 10:41 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Midwife choices

Elaine wrote in message
I think that I just need to try to ask her for the information
I want, instead of being annoyed that she didn't offer it
unasked.

It's true no midwife is going to be a mind-reader. ;-) But I think
personality is a very important aspect of the relationship, and if you
don't feel compatible with this one, then I would at least go and talk
to some other midwives to see if there is someone you really "click"
with. There may very well be others who are more forthcoming with
information, and more pro-active in general about getting you to your
comfort level - drawing out your real concerns and asking if there's
anything else you want to know, rather than passively giving you only
the exact information that you ask about. It sounds like that kind of
person would be much more reassuring for you to have around during
labor.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.