Old July 8th 03, 09:46 PM
Marnie

Default Vending Machines in schools

"toto" wrote in message

For the younger kids who cannot go off-campus, it will work, for
high school students. I doubt it unless we keep them from going
anywhere else and I am not in favor of closing campuses and
making teens prisoners for the entire school day as is done in
some places.

The high school where we are moving has a closed campus ... because it's a
fairly rural community and there is nowhere close enough for the students to
get to in the 45 or so minutes they have for lunch hour. In fact, now that I
think about it, I now live the Chicago area and I don't know if the high
school campus is closed, but I do know that at the local high school, it
would be very difficult, even here in greater mega-suburbia, to get to any
of the fast-food places and get lunch and get back to school in under 45
minutes. Certainly no place is close enough to walk to.

Not exactly "making teens prisoners," don't you think? I'd say having
schools away from fast-food-ville was a good thing.
--
Marnie