Old June 26th 03, 02:18 AM
Joelle

Default Braces Trauma

Took the kids for a free initial consult with the orthodontist today. O my,
the trauma and pathos for my 13 year old girl.

Bottom line, they both could use them. But my son, forget it. We are still
working on teeth brushing everyday.

My poor daughter. So self-conscious about her teeth, won't smile with an open
mouth. But she's also self-conscious about braces. And she plays the flute
and has heard it's harder to play with braces. The thing is, it's not just
cosmetic. She has a couple of permanent teeth that are not coming down and she
is either going to have to have braces, or get them pulled and put in false
teeth, or have spaces in the front of her mouth. Poor girl. What a dilemma.
She cried, she yelled at me that I didn't know anything.

So now she thinks she will have them IF, she can get the clear brackets, if she
can only get the top and if she gets a different doctor because the one we went
to is a jerk (Poor guy is a jerk because he's the one who delivered the bad
news)

Oh let's not talk about the cost. Suffice it to say, I had a little
life-insurance money. Lost half of it because I was advised (and stupidly
followed) to put it ALL in mutual funds. I plan on taking the kids to Italy
for a big trip next year. Between the trip and braces (for both), I might have
a little left over for emergencies. :-0

Can I just encourage anyone who is married here and is resenting the checks you
make out for life-insurance, to not only stop resenting it, but go out and buy
about twice as much as you have now?...

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike