Old December 7th 04, 09:12 PM
Daye

On 6 Dec 2004 12:54:02 -0800, wrote:

We are of Indian origan living in the US. And we would like to have an
Indian name that is easy to pronounce and yet have a significant
meaning. So we are looking at names like :Rohit,Rohan,Neil,Navin,
Nikhil, Kunal and Karan (some of the names we are leaning towards)

I like Rohan and Navin. My DD has an Indian origin name: Jayan. We
pronounce it Jay Anne, but I love the name and the spelling. I think
Indians pronounce it Jai-an. Either way, it is an easy name to spell
and say.

Jayan can be for a girl or a boy. It means Victory. The male Jayan
is from the root name Jay (which I think comes for Shiva). The female
is from the root name Jaya (which is another name for Durga).

Just a suggestion! For other suggestions, I found some links of
Indian names:

http://www.indiaparenting.com/names/index.shtml (this has a section
for Indian names that can be pronounced by foreigners)
http://www.indiaexpress.com/specials/babynames/

--
Daye
Mommy to: