Old October 10th 03, 03:50 AM
Joni Rathbun

Default | Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend

On 9 Oct 2003, Banty wrote:

In article , Joni
Rathbun says...

I wonder if there are any protections provided by Good Sam laws. I
understand the legal issues but a good question has been asked:
What if it had been a life or death situation?

Good Samaritan laws require that you stay within your training.

Hmm. I'm not quite sure how to interpret that. The Good Samaritan
laws I'm familiar with are meant to provide some protection to
those who voluntarily render aid in good faith, including lay
people who may have no particular training. And, I believe,
some states have laws that make it an offense to NOT render
aid.