Old October 10th 03, 12:26 PM
Donna Metler

Default | Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend

"billy f" wrote in message
m...
The more I read these post the more angry I'm becoming. I can not believe
that their are people out there that actually think that this teenager
should be charged.

The first mistake that they made was admitting that he gave her the

inhaler.
By telling their story to the media that have admitted there supposedly
wrong doing. They are young and did know the world could be so cold. If it
was me I would not have given it to her in front of the nurse. If she seen
it I would have just denied it and said that the inhaler was hers or she
never used it. It you read the story both students are on the same
medication. I possibly would have just said it was hers from the start and
it the nurse questioned it I would have peeled the label off before the
police were called. I also would have refused to hand it over to the

school.
When the police came I would have said it was hers and said that the nurse
was out to get us. I know it's wrong to lie, but when it comes to

something
like this sometimes you have to. At that point it would be her word

against
theirs and its possible that no charges would have been filed

I have to wonder how the nurse KNEW it was his and not hers? At least here,
rescue meds are kept on the person, not in the nurse's office, and while I
have typed identification labels on my inhalers, the official prescription
label is on the box, not on the inhaler itself.

That bitch of a nurse could have just ignored what she saw. She did not

have
to call the police and anyone who thinks she was right in doing so is just
as evil as she is. She could have told the students that it was aginst the
law and put a little trust in them that they would not have said they did

in
infront of her. Once the police were involved there was little the school

or
the police could do since Texas now has a zero tolerance policy for drugs

in
school with any drugs no matter if its a cold tablet or a inhaler. A

policy
that was put into place to keep real drugs out of the schools. I have mild
asthma and I have used a coworkers inhaler before. Within minutes the

attack
was gone. What I did was against the law and technically we both could

have
been charged taking and giving none prescribed drugs. I have also taken
antibiotics that belonged to a other person that saved me a trip to the
doctor. People do it all the time and if something was to go wrong I would
not tell anyone where I got the medication. It would have been my choice

take it, no one forced it down my throat. It however is a law that has to

be
their and is meant to prevent drug abuse, and even exceptions would make

it
legally abused.

That's why I said "If the school noticed it officially"-I've (on several
occasions) chosen not to notice something which, by the letter of the law, I
should have addressed-in one case, it was a little girl who had just come
back from an illness, who took a couple of (obvious) tylenol out and asked
to be excused to get a drink. I let her go. While technically, she shouldn't
have had the medication at school, there was no wrongdoing.

When you really think about this it really is not a big deal and mean it
really isn't. In the eyes of the law it might be, but who ever said that
every law was right. I refuse the let the law control my life. I'm a law
abiding citizen, but there are some laws that people have pushed to get

past
that are not right. I believe that anyone who lives by the system 100% is
depriving themselves of a happy normal life. Only the weak minded let

other
control their lives. The key is to know who you can trust. People really
think they are doing the right thing by "following the law" and I'm sure

in
the nurses mind she thought so too. I have lived on all three sides. I

have
been friends with people the follow the law 100%, people that break all

the
laws and people that use common sense. I can tell you the common sense
thinkers are the best kind of people to be around and I do not trust fully
trust anyone else. I'm talking about people that live their lives the

right
way, but do not condemn those that do things differently. In other words

if
I know someone that is stealing cable I'm not going to report them. If

they
smoke weed or even sell it I'm not going to report them. I may not agree
with what they are doing, but I will not report them. This is why people
trust me and by people having my trust I know things that others do not
know. No one trust that nurse and therefore she is living a life with

false
images. People put on a act around her and have probably done so her whole
life. They know by the way she looks and acts that she is miss "holier

than
thou." So when someone mistakes her as being someone they can trust and do
something they are not suppose to do it comes as a big shock to her. In

her
eyes what those students did was a big deal. In the eyes of a cool normal
person it is not. I'm sure as a child people gave her a hard time for

being
this way, but she never knew why.

I think some of you need to learn the differences between what is right

and
what is the law. I think you also need to learn that a law can only hurt

you
if the wrong people know you have broke it.

I expect that the charges will be dropped, and the record expunged. That's
what would happen here, anyway.

However, as you stated (and as I have been stating in this thread), once the
police were involved and the boy charged with a felony, the school didn't
have much choice in the matter. And, if the girl had been hurt by the use of
someone else's medication, the school's you-know-what would have been in a
sling.