Old March 16th 05, 10:00 PM
bizby40

"Sue" wrote in message
"bizby40" wrote in message
People that don't read their e-mail is another peeve of mine. :-)

Are you sure people who have email know how to use it? Many of the parents
in the girls' troops don't know how to use their email. Send
correspondance
through the child at school, mail it or call.

Okay, people who have e-mail and don't learn to use it is a *third* peeve of
mine! :-)

Personally, I get tired of all the nickel and diming that gets asked of us
for different projects, field trips, gifts for teachers and with three
kids
it starts to add up. I do think $10 is a bit much. I would lower it to $5.

Well, I didn't intend to give an amount at all, until a couple different
people asked. To *me*, $10 split between two people isn't much
at all. So that's what I said. I don't think I worded it in such a way
that people should have taken it as an obligation to give that much,
or to give any at all. I guess that's one reason why I'm so annoyed.
I'm just trying to do something nice for a couple of people who deserve
it, and now I have to worry about exactly how everything I say is
worded so that everyone is happy.

Many people are busy and forget to hand in their money (which is something
am very guilty of) and a simple phone call or note of reminder home with
the
girls would be called for.

No such thing as a simple phone call. It's up to 20 phone calls first
of all. And trying to get in touch with the cub scout parents (and there
are only 7 of them) has already been a nightmare. One parent moved
and suddenly some stranger was answering her phone. Another's phone
was *always* busy. She said later that she used it for her internet
connection and used her cell phone for calls, but didn't explain why she
keeps giving out her home phone number for contact information. A
third never answered and didn't have an answering machine.

And what if I do get them on the phone? Suddenly they're on the
spot. No, I'm very shy, and talking to people is not my strength.

As for a note home. It doesn't seem to work well with this age. The
teachers handle the folders for the younger kids, but by 4th grade,
the girls are supposed to be doing it themselves. Often as not, the
notes just get shoved into their backpacks and forgotten.

Our troop leader, bless her heart, sends us many
reminders because she knows that sometimes people get busy with other
things
and knows we tend to forget.

Just make sure she knows how much you appreciate her! :-)

Bizby

Sue (mom to three girls)