Old June 22nd 03, 11:40 PM
TeacherMama

Default Drew's Solution to The Dave's concept

"Father Drew" wrote in message
Well said. That is a big part of the C$ problem. The gov doesn't

give
us the chance to honor our responsibilities. I'm paying C$ through DES as
if I were a deadbeat that needed to have my paychecks deducted and have

the
judge set the C$ amount. I paid before I split with my son's mom, and I
paid after we split, no court order necessary, cause I want my kids taken
care of. Of course I paid in cash, the ex denied I paid and I had to do

pay
it all over again, but that's not the point.
I think we agree that screwing people over is wrong. I think where we
may clash a little is when and where the courts should step in. There are
thiongs that are wrong on a moral level, and things that are wrong on a
legal level, and it's a blurry line. I do respect your position and your
comments.

Personally, Drew, I wish the courts were completely out of it. They should
not be in the position of making family and personal decisions. If the
courts could not just step in whenever they wanted, I don't believe we'd be
seeing all the down and dirty fights over custody, child support, etc, that
we are seeing today. Then my question to you would be irrelevant except in
very rare cases. And my question was only about how you would deal with SAH
parents in long term relationships in your system. In the system today,
they don't have a problem. They are already overprotected.

And I'll tell you another thing. Although children are mentioned quite
often as being the "reason" behind the system, they are way down at the
bottom of the list when it comes to who is actually benefitting form the
system today. If the courts were completely out of it, parents could
actually BE parents and work out what is best for THEIR children
together--because nobody else would be there to do it for them!