Old August 21st 03, 06:37 PM
Ali's Daddie

Default Diapering "big" kids for travelling?

"hanni g" wrote in message
om...
| hello everyone,
|
| I plan to go on holidays with my son (5 1/2 yo.), including a long car
| trip. A good friend of mine usually let her kids (5 and 7) wear
| diapers or pulllups, when travelling, sightseeing or such things (You
| know what kind of sights the kids want to see ;-). The kids are
| actually dry, exept from the older one, who wets the bed. So diapers
| are no big deal for them anyway.
| I just wonder if I should do the same. My little one is potty trained,
| but if says "I have to go" it usually means "I have to go! QUICKLY!"
| ;-). This might be more comfortable for both him and for me. Just for
| the case there is really no restroom nearby (or at least some trees or
| bushes ;-).
| How do you handle such things? Any experiences, or advice of any kind?
| Thank you!
|
| Greets, Hanni

We commonly take car trips with our 3 1/2 year old niece. She is potty
trained. We do not let her wear pullups or diapers. Seems a little counter
productive to us.

We stop about every 2 hours. If she doesn't have to go, we make her at least
try and tell her that she will have to hold it until we stop again. She has
never not been able to go at least a little bit. And she has never had an
accident.

Luckily, I happen to have the smallest bladder on the planet when I am
driving, so I would never "forget" to stop lol.

--
LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

To send me an email, please remove your hat