Old April 13th 09, 08:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default Asthma

"Welches" wrote in message

"lu-lu" wrote in message
Well, after 6 months of me hounding the doctors, knowing that Jessica

had
asthma, she had two full on asthma attacks today, and we were finally
(after
the 2nd attack) given a diagnosis and an inhaler.

Does my head in when they ignore mother's instincts. I hate the fact

that
my
little girl had to get so poorly, twice, when they could have just
listened
to me in the first place.

On the plus side, she's home now, and for the first night in I don't

know
how long, her night time cough is under control.

*grrrr* rant over

Poor you (and her).
Wish you'd my doctor. He gives inhalers as the first port of call for

night
time coughs in little ones. All three of mine had them at round a year,

but
only #2 actually has asthma. He also believes in mothers' instincts.
Debbie

Argh, wish I had your doctor too - When Jessica had ringworm, I had a job
even to get him to look at her leg! He wouldn't believe me, then when I said
I'd been a carer for 10 years, and had seen the very distinctive mark
before, he finally agreed to look. Nightmare! This is the same practice that
when I first went with narcolepsy symptoms (but didn't know what it was)
they wanted to refer me to a psychologist!

Lucy x