Old July 9th 03, 09:15 PM
Tiffany

Default Rant--The CP is Not the Judge/Violent Moms

Bob Whiteside wrote in message
rthlink.net...

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Who would take care of those kids who parents test positive for drug

use?

In order of my personal priorities: fathers, close relatives, foster care,
"clean" welfare mothers who get additional benefits for acting as

surrogate
mothers, adoptive parents, orphanages.

As that sounds all fine and dandy, but in some areas, the whole family is
just as screwed up as the CP. Father could be a drug addict, parents could
be drug addicts, ect. Foster care.... well, sorry to say but ask around.
Foster care isn't all its cracked up to be. Sometimes foster parents are
worse then the real parents.

BTW - Your question implies drug addicted parents do a good job of taking
care of children. I disagree.

How did my question imply that? I think you misread. Although I would say
that depends alot on the parent and the drug. The question was pretty
general though I will say at this point that I don't think just because
someone smokes some pot once and awhile they should have their kids taken
from them.

The goverment knows it couldn't handle that sort of epidemic.

That thinking is why government doesn't act on a lot of issues. Many
government programs create unintended consequences. When the elephant in

the
living room is too big (drug addicted welfare recipients), the thinking

goes
nothing that can be done to remove the elephant (take the children out of

harmful environment), so ignoring the elephant (doing nothing) is the best
option.

I am not saying the government is RIGHT, I am saying that is the way it is.
Hopefully we will live in a society where the goverment wouldn't even have
to step in to take care of the kids.