Old October 29th 04, 01:38 AM
Cathy

Anne Rogers wrote:
I didn't want to get a birthing pool for many reasons, mainly the
cost and the reasonably high risk for a first timer of having to
transfer and not using it so it being a waste of money! As it
happened I delivered at 37+4, most rental companies deliver the
birthing pool around week 38! It was in hospital too, so it wouldn't
have got used anyway. I had lots of baths in early labour which
confirmed my original thoughts, which was I would want to lie on my
side, which is not possible in the bath, I felt I needed pillows to
support me, not water. The other problem with a bath is you can't get
it deep enough to cover the bump, unless you have a huge bath! My
grandparents have a huge bath with a jacuzzi, I would love to labour
there, but it's a 5 hour flight away!

Oh, that jacuzzi sounds good! Thanks for your thoughts - I think I'll do a
'test run' (is that possible?!) withy the bath, and see how deep I can get
it. And failing that, I might just have to set the pool up in the carport,
and try and park the car so I'm not visible from the road!

Cathy