Old April 12th 05, 11:07 AM

Default Can Teenager Spanking Be Justified?

Hello all,
Raising almost-adult teenage kids is about the hardest job in the
world, as many of you know. I am the father of a teenage girl, and
although I feel she needs me and often reaches out to me in an
aggressive, twisted sort of way, I have found no lasting way of getting
through to her. Now, this blog post by an 18yr girl made me wonder:
http://coveries.blogspot.com/2005/04/punishment.html
Although she recognises that her father sometimes goes overboard, and
that he lacks consistency, she seems to actually advocate physical
punishment. Could that be the answer?