Old April 7th 04, 09:20 AM
LisaBell

Default need info on name "Anzia"

On 6 Apr 2004 12:55:11 -0700, (Vicki S) wrote:

Yeah, no Zohar for me. It not only starts with "Z", like my
daughter's name, but it's a little too Hasidic for me. :-)
And although I could probably make my browser read Hebrew with a bit
of work, I still wouldn't be able to read it, so I won't be looking at
that site. Oh well!
Thanks for the list of names you found! I like Liraz. How would an
Israeli pronounce that? Lee-rahz? Lih-rahz? Where is the emphasis?
It might be a bit too much like Razi/Raziel, my son's nickname and
name. If we called her LEE-ruh it wouldn't be too similar, though.

I have never thought of Zohar as hassidic. It's in use amongst the
secular population in Israel for boys or girls.
Typically, Liraz has emphasis on the raz ( Lih-rahz), being the same
raz that's in Raziel, but I suppose you could make of it what you
like.

--Lisabell
Mom to Gabriella (5.5) and Michaela (4)