Old February 20th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
'Kate

Default Is this heaven or hell please?

On 20 Feb 2007 04:26:17 -0800, "miri"
wrote:

That is SOO funny ROFL where can we buy them?!!

I almost wish I knew... and do they come in "Funky Town?"

it
reminds me of the damp nappy diaper alert chip that
you could get a while back, great novelty that really
took the 'urk!' out of the 'icky!' but that chip,

I thought that those things came with a smell alert already? :-)

I'm
just wondering what else it could be used for, the
motion alert sounds really funny,

The guy who invented it's a genius, as far as I'm concerned. Think of
the marketing alone.... they could play college fight songs, the
anthem for one's own country, or for the wedding night, "Here comes
the bride" ROFL

Thinking about protection does anyone remember those
femidoms? big baggy things? a friend of mine bought
one just to see what they were like and fell about
laughing! I still think a sort of cling-film adaption
would be best its on a roll, cheap, multipurpose
and discreet - and we can pretend we're going on
picniks when we're really have sordid affairs

OMG, that's too funny. Imagine the wrapper size? No hiding that from
mom and dad. Good thing most women carry handbags.

I had to say at the STD clinic that I wasnt averse
to the slap and tickle, but with one partner we'd had
condom problems, rubbers too small they roll up and ping
off, or too baggy at-the-time, I told the Doc but she
only laughed....I said that when I nervously (cos someone
might see) went to the counter to buy a pack of assorted
sizes there was no such thing.

Would you believe that I've never bought condoms.... I've passed by
them in the rack. I can't imagine inspecting the package (pun
intended). But it seems like a good thing to be comfortable with and
to have just in case.

Its something that I've been worried about telling my
kids, what to say to them? telling them to make sure they
use protection, making sure they're safe, but not wanting
to interfere with their private and emotional life. If
you scare the hell of them telling them about disease they
could avoid the relationship scene altogether. Some guy
told me once that the most scary movie he watched was
one of giving birth in a biology lesson.

When it comes close to that time,you'll be ready. You're already
thinking about it. Of course you're going to be nervous. That's why we
practice with another adult first. The rule is, "I would rather you
come to me for birth control than tell me you're pregnant."

Don't leave out talking about how your adult or almost adult children
feel about their partners. That's the most important part - passionate
feelings. Without feelings, it's just an "act".

You can do it as a "What if..." or "How would you feel if you had to
tell me you (or your girlfriend) were pregnant?" That always pushes
the discomfort aside. It's also a good way for kids to approach their
parents.

We don't want our children, once grown to adulthood, to have
dissatisfying sexual lives. We don't want them to use their bodies in
the wrong way either (too many, too often, too early, with the wrong
person, by force, or with other unsatisfying, disasterious results).
We want them to fully participate and get what they want/need. To do
that, they have to know what they need. They have to be able to talk
about it with their partners. If they're not ready to do that, they're
not ready for sex or perhaps, not sex with that person.