Old October 18th 05, 01:00 AM
Rebecca Jo

Default rash - roseola?

"zolwica" wrote:

Sina had a rash like this one, but it was associated with a fever too. She
had a Three-day-fever (roseola infantum). After outting her on medication
(I want to say anti-histamine) and a fever reducer. It just faded away.

The rash was so bad, that when I took her to the doctor, he suspected
chickenpox. But as it improved with the medication, he said that it
wasn't.

Have your son checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.

Mona

I think I'm going to bathe him in the oatmeal bath when it looks like it's
bothering him & just wait for it to go away. If it takes longer than 5 days,
I'll call the doctor. From everything I've read, it's not dangerous to have
a rash as long as he doesn't appear to have breathing problems & it isn't
one of the types of rashes that need a doctor's attention immediately.

Thanks for the advice, though.

rj