Old May 27th 06, 10:37 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default pg question

"oregonchick" wrote in message

"lucy-h" wrote in message
Hi all

I haven't posted for a while, as I still have no one to feed as yet

My milk came in when I was 6 months pg... since then i have either hand
expressed or used a pump when I have had lots.

However, in the last 24 hours, my supply has gone nuts.I am up at 1.30

am
as
I have so much milk, it just won't stop coming out, and I am uncomfy...

haven't increased/decreased how much i expressed. Does this mean my

baby
will arrive soon? Or have I just become a total dairy fairy? I am 37
weeks pregnant.

Thank you

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Well, I was a total dairy fairy! My milk came in weeks before my daughter
was born in December, and I chose to exclusively pump and bottle feed

after
a terrible bout of mastitis (I know, I whimped out). But initially, I was
pumping in excess of 70 ounces per day. I fed all my DD could eat, and
froze the rest. I wound up with OVER 20 gallons of frozen breast milk in
deep freeze. I had over 400 6 ounce Lansinoh bags in my freezer, which

left
no room for our food! But, I will make it past Emily's 8 month b-day even
if I never pump again. So, there is a benefit to the surplus, at least in
my boat.

Betsy

Heh, I think what's doing my head in, is that in the last week my supply has
gone nuts, and I am now past the point of trying to reduce it as it seems to
do no good - at night especially! Still, at least I should have plenty to go
round when she decides to arrive

Lucy