Old October 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Scott

Default Changing teachers mid year

Jeanne wrote:
Lesley wrote:

Anyone been through this? My seventh grader found out yesterday that
she's been assigned to a new teaching team. Our area has huge
population growth, and they've hired two new seventh grade teachers
(taking the school from 12 to 14 7th grade homerooms). They randomly
chose the students to be assigned to the new team, uprooting them from
current teachers, routines, friends.

No, we're not happy. Any suggestions on how to get through it?

Thanks-
Lesley

I would emphasize the positives. New friends and new possibilities.
Also, put things into prospective. It's only a disaster if you let it
be one.

If your school year started in late August/ early September, it's still
early in the school year. Your daughter has been assigned to a different
team, not a new school. So, she'll see her old teachers (some may even
be on the new team) and old friends (some may be reassigned).

Change isn't easy but it's not necessarily bad.

Everyone has made good points. But it's fair to ask
the kid: What have you lost in making this change for
the good. In almost every change, something is lost
as something else is gained. This could be a good
teaching opportunity on analyzing pros and cons of
change.

FWIW, such a change would not phase my DD at all. It
would take quite a lot more prep time to get DS to
roll with the punch, however. YMMV.

Scott DD 12 and DS 9