Old June 26th 03, 02:08 AM
Joelle

Default Back to work

As for my son, he is enjoying his summer, secure in the fact he will
be going to 7th grade in the fall. He will, however be repeating
the same math class. He did not do well enough to move on to
Algebra, so he will be taking pre-Algebra again. He doesn't see the
point, but I explained it to him this way: "There is no other math
class on the same level. You are capable of doing the work, but you
chose not to turn in the assignments. Now that you know what is
expected of you, you should have no problems sailing through that
course next year." It didn't seem to phase him, but then again he
is only 12. He is still the center of the universe in his opinion.

Well if it is any consolation my 15 year old who tests in 99% on Iowa Basic
Skills in Math (that means he is higher than 99% of those who take the test)
had failed math for the last couple of years because of not doing the work.
Now he has some other stuff going on to add to that, but in his summer school
class there were a lot of boys, very smart, failed because of not doing
homework. I dunno if it makes you feel any better to know that seems to be a
thing with boys that age...but there you have it.

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike