Old January 8th 04, 04:14 PM
Banty

Default Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

In article , Demetrius XXIV and the
Gladiatores says...

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:05:03 -0500, Jon Walters
wrote:

About 7-8 teens (12-15) received these motor cycles/scooters
this Christmas and they ride (speed) up and down the street
and don't even use helmets! The law here requires helmets
for bicycles so you'd think the parents would demand they
wear them .... but they (kids) always get "their way" but
this will change when one of them is seriously hurt! They even
ride through this neighborhood at night with no lights attached
to their motor cycles. Where are the parents?

I'll tell you where... they've been stupidified by our nanny
government (both liberal and Konservative) and are incapable of using
common sense. They need someone to pass a law and regulate their lives
otherwise it doesn't occur to them.

The scooters are new, so they don't think they're as dangerous as
motorcycles/bicycles. When their kid goes brain dead after smashing
their skull on an a-pilar, they'll show up all teary eyed on Oprah
talking about those murderscooters.

"If I only knew... Oprah, if I can only reach all those mothers out
there. If I can only save the life of one child..."

Oh yes and don't forget the multi-million dollar study and
appropriations to law enforcement so they can form "scooter patrols"
with a cute slogan imploring you to follow the new law.

You forgot - the law that will be passed, inevitably named "(Oprah's guest's
deceased or brain-gorked kid's name)'s Law"

Cheers,
Banty